Photographer's Note


Regarding traditional legend it was founded by Zmaj Ognjen Vuk in 1470. First solid data refering the monastery date as early as 1545. Monastery was abandoned before The Great Moving of the People and was restored by metropolitan Isaija Djakovic in 1708.
In second part of XVIII century the old church made from stone was replaced with new baroque one. The new church was restored between 1898. and 1901. At that time the monastery doss who surround the church from all four sides were renewed.
The old iconostasis painted by Jakov Orfelin in 1772/74. was tore down during the church restoration, and new iconostasis was painted by Uros Predic.
During World War II the monastery was severely damaged and is gradually repaired since 1953.

Nobody marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 1372
Points: 2
  • None
Additional Photos by Slavica Novakovic (SlavicaN) Silver Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 31 W: 0 N: 162] (568)
View More Pictures