Photographer's Note

The story originated from the council is that with adventurous in search of riches, found Santa Luzia. It all began in 1692, during the cycle of gold. A shipment of the remnants of the flag of Borba Gato deployed the first core of the town, the river banks of the Old in the gold mining of gold from silt. With the flood of the river, the small village moved to the top of the hill, where today is the Historic Center of the city. In 1697, stood the final settlement, which received the name of Bom Retiro. Over 150 years later, in 1856, the village was emancipated and dismembered from Sabará, and from 1924 came to be called Santa Luzia.

With the end of the exploitation of gold, Santa Luzia has become an important commercial center, point of the parade "tropeiros" who came to negotiate and buy goods. Trade on the street in the neighborhood of the bridge, there was a port for all ships navigating through the Velhas River, carrying goods traded in Minas Gerais state. Thus, Santa Luzia becomes a point of reference in trade, culture and art.

The emperor D. Pedro II, on visit to Santa Luzia in 1881, was hosted on Sun's Baroness, a center of social and cultural reference of the sixteenth century along the street right in the Historic Center. The visit was recorded, by drawing a segment of the historic city center. This design was the historical proof that granted the city the title of imperial city.


Who imagined in 1697 that the city's chaotic traffic today??? Modern Times...

Photo Information
Viewed: 3439
Points: 34
Additional Photos by Lucas Vieira (lucasgalodoido) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 6049 W: 190 N: 7833] (27690)
View More Pictures