Photographer's Note

Another photo from Oriental Bay, these boat sheds are at the city end of Oriental Parade.
The boatsheds were built in 1905-6 and during World War II were used by the United States Navy as a boat repair depot. The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club, dating from 1883, moved here in 1919.
The sheds are of concrete construction, including the roofs, which were re-covered with a mineral surfaced torchon membrane sheet a few years ago. The mineral chip on the sheets comes from the Pyrennes Mts.

The photo was cropped at the bottom to remove the top of a rusty old corrugated metal roof.

Nobody marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 1705
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Mike Gabbitas (mikenz) Silver Star Critiquer/Silver Note Writer [C: 11 W: 0 N: 26] (78)
View More Pictures