Fotos

Photographer's Note

.........17.yy da Rumlar tarafından kurulduğu sanılan ve Gördüğümüz, genişçe bir alana yayılan bu manzara sadece Santa nın Merkez mahallesiymiş meğer, diğer mahalleleri Binatlı, İşhanlı,Terzili, Çakallı, Zurnacılı ve Sincanlı bu mahalleleri bizler göremedik ama genelde tek katlı kesme taştan yapılmış evler ve her mahallede bir kilise bulunmaktadır.Zamanında ekonomik anlamda önemli ölçüde madencilik, maden işçilerinin bol olduğu bu yerleşim birimi bünyesinde büyük bir nufus potansiyelini barındırmaktaydı.
Günümüzde kaderine terk edilen Santa Harabeleri ile ismi duyulan bu talihsiz tarih hazinesinin bölgenin diğer mahalleleri ile birlikte hak ettiği ilgi ve alakayı görmesi için yapılacak düzenleme çalışmaları ile gelecek kuşaklarada aktarılmasını umarız.


SANTA RUINS
Santa Ruins lie on two valleys in Dumanlı Village of Yağmurdere subdistrict, 90 kilometres from Gümüşhane city centre. It is believed that Santa settlement was set up by Greek people in the seventeenth century. The settlement consists of 7 quarters and more that 300 buildings. Quarters in the settlement are Binatlı, Terzili, Zurnacili, Piştovlu, İşhanlı, Cinganlı and Çakallı. There are two churches in Zurnacili and one in each of the remaining quarters.

ÇAKALLI CHURCH

Çakallı Church is in the centre of Dumanlı Village. The church was built in 1878 on a rectangular area; it features three naves and represents a basilica.

The church has two arched entrances, one of the western and the other on the southern façade. There is a clover-shaped crucifix carved over the southern entrance.

The church features remains of frescoes; face stone was used to construct doors, windows, supporting elements, arches and corner stones; walls of the structure are made of rubble.

TERZİLİ CHURCH

Terzili Kilisesi (Terzili Church) is in Terzili Mahallesi in Dumanlı village. Constructed on a rectangular area, the church features three naves and resembles a basilica. The center nave is wider and taller that the other two naves.

There are two arched entrance on the northern and southern façades; these entrances, facing each other, are 1 meter wide each. There is no entrance on the eastern wall because the eastern façade of the building rests against a high hill. Both the abscissa and pastaphorion cells were built as extensions. The top cover of the building has collapsed in time. There is a martyria on the northeast of the Church.

CİNGANLI CHURCH

Cinganlı Church is in Dumanlı village, constructed on a rectangular area; the church has three naves and it resembles a basilica. The center nave is wider and larger than the other two naves. The only entrance on the western façade features a semicircular vaulting. Northern section of the supporting beam system that runs parallel to the naves still stands. Both supporting columns and the ceiling have collapsed in time. Face stone was used to construct doors, windows, supporting elements and arches; walls of the structure are made of rubble.

PİŞTOVLU CHURCH

Piştovlu Church is in Piştovlu quarter of Dumanlı village. Built on a rectangular piece of land as a basilica, the Church has there naves. The center nave is wider and taller than the other two.

There are two arched entrances, one in the north and the other in the south. The northern entrance was arranged in liborion style, but today only one column on this entrance remains. There is a cross carved right above the entrance. Both the abscissa and pastaphorion cells are on the eastern façade, and each has a round window.

The church features four clerestory windows. Some of the frescos are still visible. There is a fountain to the northeast of the building.

ZURNACİLİ-1 CHURCH

Zurnacili-1 Church is in Zurnacili Mahallesi in Dumanlı village. This church was built in the form of a basilica with three naves; the central nave is wider and taller than the other two.

There are two arched entrances, one in the west and the other in the south. The northern entrance was arranged as the main entrance, and it features columns on each side. There is a cross carved right above the entrance.

There are three windows on western and eastern façades, and four windows on eastern and northern façades. Both the abscissa and pastaphorion cells were built as extensions, and each has a window.

There are traces of frescos inside the church. The church was built out of ashlar and rubble.

fikretozturna, Ilducabianco, TRB, HondeR, scyntilla, Olympos marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
  • Copyright: ERHAN EKEN (erhan1958) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1204 W: 165 N: 514] (15961)
  • Genre: Lugares
  • Medium: Cor
  • Date Taken: 2010-11-21
  • Categories: Arquitectura
  • Versão da Foto: Versão Original
  • Date Submitted: 2010-11-23 4:39
Viewed: 1640
Points: 10
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by ERHAN EKEN (erhan1958) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1204 W: 165 N: 514] (15961)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH