Fotos

Photographer's Note

Another photo taken in Montjuïc's zone, where the International Automobile’s Exhibition of Barcelona was celebrated. Here we can see the National Palace, which appears behind the Palace of Alfonso XIII.
Information of The National Palace:
In 1924 a project contest was summoned for the construction of the National Palace. It was gained(earned) by the architects Pere Cendoya y Enric Catà. It was constructed between 1927 and 1929. It is a building of a great eclectic monumentality. Its general classicism combines with elements of over decorated ancestry. It has symmetrical floor centered by a great lounge of elliptical plant that is emphasized by a great dome and two minor domes. In addition in the angles four towers get up. The dome was painted by Francesc d'Assís Galí, being realized other paintings for recognized artists of the moment: Josep Togores, Francesc Labarta and Josep Obiols. The palace there closes the vision of the avenue Maria Cristina of a theatrical and grandiloquent, proper way of the philosophy with which the Exhibition was conceived.
Nine areas that go out of the Palace, write the name of the city in the sky...
Nine headlights, one for every letter; B-A-R-C-E-L-O-N-A.
It was turned into Museu Nacional d'art of Catalunya into 1934. In its interior we can visit the sections of Romanesque art and Gothic art. It is considered to be one of the museums of more important medieval art of the world.

The WS 1 is a sight towards the opposite side, where the Venetian Towers can be seen in the entry to the enclosure by the Spain’s Square.

The WS 2 is a detail of a beautiful car of that competes in the 24 hours of Le Mans.
--------------------------
Otra foto tomada en la zona de Montjuïc, donde se celebraba el Salón Internacional del Automóvil. Aquí podemos ver el Palacio Nacional, que aparece por detrás del Palacio de Alfonso XIII.
Información:
El Palacio Nacional:
En 1924 se convocó un concurso de proyectos para la construcción del Palacio Nacional. Fue ganado por los arquitectos Pere Cendoya y Enric Catà. Se construyó entre 1927 y 1929. Se trata de un edificio de una gran monumentalidad ecléctica. Su clasicismo general se combina con elementos de ascendencia churrigueresca. Tiene planta simétrica centrada por un gran salón de planta elíptica que es enfatizado por una gran cúpula y dos menores. Además en los ángulos se levantan cuatro torres. La cúpula fue pintada por Francesc d’Assís Galí, siendo realizadas otras pinturas por artistas reconocidos del momento: Josep Togores, Francesc Labarta y Josep Obiols.
El palacio cierra la visión de la avenida María Cristina de una manera teatral y grandilocuente, propia de la filosofía con la que se concibió la Exposición.
Los nueve focos que salen del Palacio, escriben el nombre de la ciudad en el cielo...
Nueve focos, uno por cada letra; B-A-R-C-E-L-O-N-A.
Fue convertido en Museu Nacional d’art de Catalunya en 1934. En su interior podemos visitar las secciones de arte románico y arte gótico. Está considerado como uno de los museos de arte medieval más importante del mundo.

El WS 1 es una vista hacia el lado opuesto, donde se pueden ver las Torres Venecianas en la entrada al recinto por la Plaza de España.

El WS 2 es un detalle de un bello coche de los que compiten en las 24 horas de Le Mans.

Charo, syd1946, maloutim, andante, maduixeta, Scharan, Photo65Net, Angshu, paura, adramad marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 1918
Points: 30
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Josep Marin (josepmarin) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 7604 W: 190 N: 16197] (59385)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH