Fotos

Photographer's Note

Area occupied by this viewpoint, once stood a fort, part of the defense system of the coast. Known as the Fort of Cavalry, was composed of a tower and a large building complex, occupying an area of 30 x 60 meters and the tower, located at the west end, consisted of three floors above ground. In the fort housed a detachment of cavalry to patrol the coast of the main purpose to prevent smuggling and ensure the health safety of landings. After the unification of Italy, the building was sold to the City Council and was dismantled in 1872.
In the last decade of the nineteenth century here we have the construction of an amusement park, the Eden, which remained in operation until the beginning of the next century, in this structure since 1896, it held some of the first Italian film shows .
The transformation of open space in a large square on the sea came only from 1925 to a design engineer in collaboration with Henry Louis Salvais Shepherd. The work was completed quickly and later, in 1935, there Ghino Venturi built the gazebo for music, a round temple with a dome supported by circular columns, subsequently destroyed by bombing in World War II. The Terrace was therefore entitled, Costanzo Ciano, Leghorn and a leading figure of the Fascist Party, and father of Galeazzo.
After the war was greatly expanded by using the rubble to the north of the city center was destroyed by the bombing and was therefore dedicated to the composer Pietro Mascagni, Livorno.

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 17493 W: 130 N: 36496] (199950)
  • Genre: Lugares
  • Medium: Cor
  • Date Taken: 2012-05-12
  • Categories: Arquitectura
  • Exposição: f/11, 1/400 segundos
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Versão da Foto: Versão Original
  • Date Submitted: 2012-10-24 5:32
Viewed: 5524
Points: 98
Discussions
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 17493 W: 130 N: 36496] (199950)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH