Photographer's Note

The church of Saint George is located within the boundaries of the archeological site of Agia Triada and was the cemetery of the deserted settlement of Agia Triada.
It is a small, one-room, vaulted church with damaged frescoes dating back from 1302, which follow the school of Constantinople (Paleologian art).
Out of the temple there are two tombs of the Venetian times with an arch, known as arcosolia (on the left side of the church on this photo). One arcosolium has a relief double-headed eagle, the symbol of the Byzantine Empire.

WS: View through the church door

pajaran, jemaflor, jhm, COSTANTINO marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 8
  • None
Additional Photos by Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 321 W: 129 N: 1523] (9261)
View More Pictures