Photographer's Note

The garden in the Monastery of Pantocrator.
Women cenobitic monastery. The original building was built in the 10th century and rebuilt again in the 12th century. During the Frankish monastery received Franks (1204-1456). Then the Turks sacked and left without monks for over a century. On Easter Sunday of 1680 the pirates captured Agarinoi who massacred all the monks of the Abbey (179), leaving it to 273 years without ascites. Saved the old marble altar and Holy eight banks.

yeln, dta, saxo042, Budapestman, Cretense, xavshot, raszid62, s_lush marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 1402
Points: 40
Additional Photos by Vasilis Protopapas (vasilpro) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 2742 W: 87 N: 5139] (41801)
View More Pictures