Photographer's Note

Maus Castle
In 1356, the archbishop of Treves received permission from the emperor to build a castle in order to protect his estate on the Rhine against the Counts of Katzenelnbogen further upstream. Completed in 1388, Peterseck Castle was built within sight of Rheinfels Castle, which belonged to the Katzenelnbogen family. Legend has it that the owners of Neukatzenelnbogen Castle, which was abbreviated to ‘Katz’ (cat), gave the smaller castle of the bishop the name ‘Maus’ (mouse). In the 14th and at the start of the 15th century, it was the residence of the Electors of Treves.

Nobody marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Michael Umbreit (michalu) Gold Star Critiquer [C: 212 W: 0 N: 5] (810)
  • Genre: Lugares
  • Medium: Cor
  • Date Taken: 2002-06-15
  • Categories: Arquitectura
  • Exposição: f/4.3
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Versão da Foto: Versão Original
  • Date Submitted: 2005-05-27 4:25
Viewed: 2283
Points: 3
  • None
Additional Photos by Michael Umbreit (michalu) Gold Star Critiquer [C: 212 W: 0 N: 5] (810)
View More Pictures