Photographer's Note

The port of Camaret

Bordering the sea to the furrow, the dock Toudouze, main pier of the port, through the center Camaret.

In 1835, a draft of the platform is made to study civil engineering. Construction began in 1842. It has a length of 350 m and a width of 30 m and has four holds. In 1895 it was enlarged. After the latter is the dock with his Styvel slipway built after 1926. On the beach, you can still see two carcasses of lobster, the Belle Etoile and Maryvonne. Opposite, there is the marina. In 1963, a new dam is built to house the docks reserved for pleasure. After passing through the path that leads to the Vauban tower and chapel Notre Dame de Rocamadour, one reaches the median of the harbor master. Note the pier with, at its end, the green light. Construction of it began in 1842 and ended in 1857.

Theme : Presqu'île de Crozon and Plougastel-Daoulas

yeln, delpeoples, mjdundee, dkmurphys, Cretense marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 1984
Points: 34
  • None
Additional Photos by Valerie Leconte (Leconte) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 716 W: 58 N: 1031] (5795)
View More Pictures