Fotos

Photographer's Note

2016 - All rights reserved. The photos taken by photographer John Maenhout are registered and copyrighted. Use in any form (web, paper publication, public exposure, etc.) is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the photographer. To contact with photographer please use TE Contact Me

Thanks for viewing

A small bike trip to the small village on the borders between Belgium and the Netherlands with 500 habitants, but a wonderful quiet and pleasant village with one tea room for drink a good cup of coffee.


History:
The church owes its existence to Peter Bladelin (1403 à 1410 to 1472), also the founder of the former town of Middelburg in-Vlaanderen.Hij was financial expert and advisor to the Dukes Philip the Good and Charles the Bold of Burgundy and treasurer of the Golden Fleece. (Thanks to Marc P. J. Martens)
The church has late Gothic pieces from 1452-58. These are the octagonal crossing tower, a part of the transept and the choir.
During the religious uprising (1579-1583) has caused a lot of damage, which was restored between 1612 and 1630. Halfway through the 17th century and in the second half of the 18th century followed further renovations. The portal dates from 1768. Marc P. J. Martens: "The portal is broken by 1768, for the whole Church (west side) dates from around 1895 (architect Van Wassenhove from Eeklo)."
After heavy war were carried out in 1945 and 1952 restoration work.
In the interior you will find two old confessionals: 1676 and 1760-61.
Hang interesting paintings such as "Christ Carrying the Cross" from the early 17th century Pieter Bruegel the Younger and "The Works of Mercy" from the mid-17th century French II Francken, and a copy to the Bladelin triptych by Rogier van der Weyden. Marc P. J. Martens: "The copy of the Bladelintriptiek was painted by Jan Ryckx Bruges (and stated in church account 1630-31)." We also venoemen 'Adoration of the Shepherds "from around 1630 by Jan Ryckx," Resurrection "from 1718 by J. van den Kerckhove and" Saint Sebastian "from 1775 by B.Fricx. The "Adoration of the Shepherds" from a mirror copy of a work by Rubens (original originally in Mechelen, sind 1802 in Marseilles) (sic Marc P.J.Martens).
The six brass candlesticks on the altar are 17th century. They wear the coat of arms and pedigree of François Rugeley and wife.



File Size 24,1MB
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Shooting Date/Time
6/05/2016 9:49:34
Shooting Mode
Manual Exposure
Tv(Shutter Speed)
1/2000
Av(Aperture Value)
5.0
ISO Speed
100
Lens
EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Focal Length
22.0mm
Image Size
5616x3744
Image Quality
RAW
Picture Style
Landscape

Photo Information
Viewed: 2939
Points: 106
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by John Maenhout (jhm) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 29191 W: 518 N: 49583] (211738)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH