Fotos

Photographer's Note

This is a view of the main street (Lenin) with the Church of Icon of the Mother of God from Smolensk, built between 1696 and 1706. In front the church there is a huge monastery with ramparts I will show you after.
During the communism the big monastery became a prison and this church was closed too, it was transformed in a club for the guards of the prison and a place to create iron objects.Today it is a church again.
This is a summer church, behind it there is a small winter church with a heater equipment. This is very usual in Russia where there are many samples of this, with two churches side by side, being used according with the temperature.
................

Essa é uma vista da rua principal (Avenida Lenin) com a Igreja do Ícone da Mãe de Deus de Smolensk ao fundo, erguida entre 1696 e 1706. Diante dessa igreja está um imenso mosteiro rodeado de muralhas, algo que vou mostrar depois.
Durante o comunismo esse mosteiro virou uma prisão para inimigos do governo e essa igreja foi também fechada e se transformou num clube usado pelos guardas da prisão e como uma ferraria. Hoje ela é de novo uma igreja.
Essa igreja é uma "Igreja de verão", atrás dela está uma "Igreja de inverno" que é menor, mas tem aquecimento e pode ser usada nos dias muito frios. Esse tipo de igreja dupla é muito comum na Rússia, com seu uso de acordo com a temperatura.

holmertz, Fis2, pierrefonds, jhm, Royaldevon, sacimar, jemaflor, adramad marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Jorge Dias (jmdias) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 11913 W: 174 N: 23416] (101320)
  • Genre: Lugares
  • Medium: Preto & Branco
  • Date Taken: 2019-09-14
  • Exposição: 1/21 segundos
  • Versão da Foto: Versão Original
  • Date Submitted: 2020-08-01 1:49
Viewed: 0
Points: 26
Discussions
Additional Photos by Jorge Dias (jmdias) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 11913 W: 174 N: 23416] (101320)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH