Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2022-05-08 3:49

Hello Paul,
I tend to agree with your choice this time. I was attracted by these round windows the first time I saw them. They are nicely complemented by the walls on the long sides. But you also made good use of the typical Gothic shaped windows in WS #1 with nice views through them and fine details seen on the columns in the foreground.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 05-08-2022, 11:20 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Round windows

Thank you Gert,

I remember you wrote something about the round windows before. Still, it weren't the same windows you saw then.
With the exception of my previous photo (with the 4 photos in the WS) I have never shown the church ruins of Villers Abbey before.

The site of the abbey is quite large and there are many buildings (or ruins) to be found. I understand that if one has not visited the site, the different ruins look a bit alike.
Maybe it's getting a bit too much of the same that I'm showing. I took a lot of pictures there. The weather was also excellent.

I still don't understand why I wasn't so impressed with these abbey ruins on my first visit many decades ago.
Perhaps a tourist also has to 'grow' in his hobby ...

Kind regards,
Paul