Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2021-11-16 9:55

Hello Malgo,
So just for once you took my advice... ;-) It's just that these are no houseboats. The green and yellow one is no longer there, but I think it may have been rented for parties. The interior was described as just one big salon. The brown boat is a Thai restaurant but looks very different today. As a strange coincidence I had planned to show it in my next post. Keep your eyes open. Both boats definitely brought (and still brings) colours to this new and still rather dull part of Södermalm. As far as I could find out from information by the city, it's only along the quay which I showed that it's permitted to use boats as permanent residences. In other parts of the city there are, or have been on and off, boats used as shops, and of course as restaurants and nightclubs.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 11-17-2021, 07:50 AM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Advice?

Hi,

What was your advice? I haven't noticed any.
I took my photos from the side of the water, so I didn't know what was their use. I just found colours and shapes attractive. Usually, restaurants are in "pirates ships" - traps for tourists that can be found everywhere. There are many interesting houseboats on the canals of Amsterdam, they really look like habitable places.
I have found the Thai boat on the Internet.
Best regards Malgo
Old 11-17-2021, 11:56 AM
TE Expert

I would read "why didn't you ever post any?" as a kind of advice, expressed in a more subtle way than "you should post some".
Gert
Old 11-17-2021, 02:31 PM
TE Expert

Hi, dear Gert,

haha, you may think it was a kind of advice, but my critique was the deliberate provocation and your response was kind of a challenge.
Why should I dig in my very old archive when I have many fresh photos from my last trip? Here any advice would be welcome
Best regards

Malgo
Old 11-17-2021, 02:53 PM
TE Expert

So I suggest you immediately start posting photos from your latest trip, one at a time (and workshops), the good old way. ;-)
Gert
Old 11-17-2021, 03:00 PM
TE Expert

It is better