Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2021-06-27 7:54

Hi Bev
So well composed image with the bee placed in the frame according to the rule of thirds. Not easy when photographing a moving subject! Lovely green colour around it, perfect canvas. Beautiful image in WS too.
I'm also trying to have bee-friendly plants in my garden from spring to autumn. They love, among all, petunia and fuchsia, which makes it an easy task as the latter flowers from June to December. But I do get other plants too. Last weekend, at one of the local gardening centres, I saw flowering salvia that was virtually swarming with bumble bees. I couldn't resist buying one but felt really bad when one of them followed me almost to the checkout!
Have a nice Sunday evening.
Kasia

Old 06-27-2021, 03:16 PM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: Bee Friendly!

Thank you for your lovely, warm critique, Kasia.
Was the salvia a perennial or an annual?
The bees seem more interested in the perennial ones that we planted in the village.

For many years, I have not seen so many bees in the garden. I hope it is because they are recovering their numbers and not just because some have begun to nest under our eaves!!

My warm regards, Bev :-)
Old 06-27-2021, 08:48 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Salvia

Hi Bev
Thank you for responding to my comments!
The salvia I bought is perennial. But I keep it in a pot, as a patio plant, so it can enjoy the sunshine for longer than in other parts of the garden (walled garden with most plants facing north or in shade of trees/shrubs) so I'm not sure how long it will survive. But at least the bees love it. :-)
Best wishes
Kasia