Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-09-11 2:01

Hello Jorge,

You have seen and recorded some excellent pieces of art, on your travels.
This one looks to be in s very good state of repair, probably due to its very recent restoration, though it had suffered much through its lifetime!
You have cropped the building well, laying important emphasis on the plaque and painting on this curved wall.

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 09-11-2020, 10:28 AM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: chapel

bev

I guess this painting was totally new, probably they used some old photo to recreate it. this is very usual in Russian churches destroyed by the communist government. sometimes they got fabulous results and you aren't able to say if it is a copy or if it is the original building or artwork.
here a new day begins.. very hot, dry and sunny.. and we are in the winter. september is one of the hottest months of year, even worst than summer days. a giant fire in the largest swamp of the world in central part of south america, sad images..

take care

jorge
Old 09-11-2020, 11:27 AM
TE Expert

Default Fires

Oh, Jorge, that is so sad, especially when the world is at last becoming alert to the need to protect and plant trees!
I hope the people are safe.

There are some terrible wild fires in California at the moment, along with unexpectedly high temperatures!

Keep safe, Bev :-)