Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KristinsCamera 2013-06-29 5:26

good morning kaitlyn ~

i appreciate your feedback this morning on my photographs, and in particular on my lil gansta in the lingerie shot ~ thank you for looking through my gallery :)

thus introduced, i took a look at your own gallery and immediately came across this one, which i love. in addition to my street photography, i love capturing colors and textures -- which you have done beautifully here. i especially love the dimensionality of the stone in contrast to what is behind it. i'm glad you went with your initial instinct not to straighten the shot. and not being a techie myself, that is the best advice i can give you, always pay attention to your impulses when it comes to photography (except of course perhaps the purchasing expensive gear impulse, that can get you in trouble!) ~ but shoot and edit instinctively. anyone (except me, it seems) can learn the technical side of photography, but the instinctive side can't be taught. and your instincts are what will distinguish you.

i can only imagine that you took quite a few photographs of pere lachaise (lovely write-up, btw) as it is quite the playground for images. i hope you will continue to share what you have seen with us as well as continue to write photographer's notes like this one.

a warm welcome to TE and thanks for sharing this shot with us!
kristin

Old 06-30-2013, 11:39 AM
TE Newbie

Default To KristinsCamera: Thanks!

Hi Kristin,

Thanks so much for the feedback and advice

I truly envy your eye for street photography; I think it takes someone really special to capture the kinds of moments that you do, and present them in a way that's so visually appealing. I hope to get myself more involved with street photography, as I am definitely much stronger with still subjects like architecture and nature.

Do you have any tips for someone who's looking to get started with more candid shots of people and daily life? I really love your style, and after your thoughtful response, I thought I would ask!

Kaitlyn