Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2012-07-08 11:39

Hello Wilson,

You did well to photograph this without the presence of children! I waited patiently but could only capture it with two children astride!

You have chosen a most original angle, giving the cannon a very vertical appearance; (something we can't say about our other cannon!) I like how you have managed to set the barrel against the unobtrusive sky.
The details are sharp and interesting, and the colours well saturated.

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Oi!

Oi, Bev, I heard that!

Be careful or I'll report you to the moderators!

Actually, I don't think I recall having been horizontal that weekend - or was I?

John.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
TE Expert

Wink Vertical

The fact that you have to ask others for confirmation about whether you were horizontal or not doesn't bode well, John. I just can't hurt your feelings. I'll say you didn't stagger very close to horizontal!!!

Bev
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
TE Expert

Default You big tease!

Oh, Bev, you big tease!

Just because I can't hold my ale as well as Len and the others! Trouble is that I've not been in practice so much these days, being an abstemious Scot - or, rather, "naturalised" Scot.

So, how many degrees off horizontal was I?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pictures from Barcelona, a place I'd love to visit. And, do you think that the recent meeting is going to urge Len to post more pictures on TE? I do hope so as I really liked his picture of that old specimen in the woods and I'm sure he has a wealth of excellent photographs which it would be a real shame not to share with us all.

Kindest Regards,

John.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:44 AM
TE Expert

Smile Lennoland

Len has spent a little more time scrutinising pics on TE, reading critiques and has talked about them but he is still reluctant to submit his own critiques. He feels that he may not be able to see what others see in a shot! He is good himself, but it is difficult to convince him of that.

Have a good day,
Bev :-)