Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great willperrett 2012-02-18 11:23

Hello Lisa
Another great shot. 45 seconds, huh? Reckon that must mean it was pretty close to completely dark when you made the picture. So you have a new toy. I'm using the Mark 1 version, and can't see me being able to afford an upgrade (or frankly wanting to). By the way, my wife lost her bikini top on North Curl Curl beach in 1993. You didn't find it by any chance?
Regards
Will

Old 02-19-2012, 01:35 AM
TE Expert

Smile To willperrett: Bikini Tops and 5Ds

Gidday Will

Thanks for the nice critique.

You were in Curly in 1993? What an unusual place for a tourist to visit, it's not really on the Top 10 places to visit in Sydney! Unfortunately I didn't find your wife's bikini top, but will keep looking

Yeah I hear what you're saying about the 5D. I've had mine for 3 years now and had fought off buying a MkII for a long time. But with the Aussie Dollar doing so well at the moment aswell as there being talk of a MkIII, the price seems to have gone down considerably.

Thanks again, have a lovely evening
Lisa
Old 02-19-2012, 08:19 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Curly

Hello Lisa
You're right about Curly being off the tourist route, but we flatter ourselves we weren't tourists. I was on a year-long teacher exchange, and we lived in Newcastle (Merewether to be precise). We had friends - Australians who had previously done an exchange to my college in England - and we visited several times. By the way, I've taken your advice: despite the disk space they take up, I'm now not deleting my RAW files!
Warm regards
Will
Old 02-19-2012, 08:59 AM
TE Expert

Smile 5D etc

Hi Will

You had friends in Curly? Wow, I probably know them! It's a pretty small place - and certainly was back in the 1990s. I'm curious now

Good to hear your news about RAW. I just put them on a 2TB external hard drive and back them up regularly to another hard drive. That way it doesn't slow up your PC.

Have a lovely Sunday
Lisa
Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 AM
TE Senior Member

Default curly

Hello again
I've got 3 external hard drives and they're all getting full. But my biggest is 1TB, so I suppose I'll have to invest in a bigger one. Or two.
The people we used to know in Curl Curl were John and Terri Kibby, who lived at 5 Playfair Road. Bet you know them!
love
Will
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 AM
TE Expert

Smile Kibby

I went to school with Kieran. I think they're still there. And my parents live a few streets from there now. Small world, as they say....

Cheers
Lisa

Last edited by delpeoples; 02-19-2012 at 11:39 AM.