Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great eversmile 2010-01-13 12:02

Hi Angshu,

Indeed it looks spectacular and it feeds my desire to return to Rajasthan. The view is fantastic and the story of your expedition across the river is funny. I can almost see it by your description. The feeling that the central rock with the fort has attracted the whole landscape around is very strong and surprising. I have difficulties to imagine the distances, really. And unfortunately, I don't know why, I can't see the Large Version when I click on any of the link, nor on the beta version, neither on the new one. Frustrating. I guess it is much more impressive and I would very happy to see it. I would like to know how far the small hill is, from the fort? Bravo for your stitching work with beautiful bright colors.
Regards
Marine

Old 01-14-2010, 04:54 AM
TE Expert

Default To eversmile: LP and the distance

...Thanks a lot for your critique and your nice words Marine. provides a lot of encouragement for me!

I am surprised why you're not able to see the LP...do you use the old beta version of TE (like I normally do)...in which case you may not be able to open the LV

I presume you are asking about the distance between the fort & the small hill from where I took this photograph. Well, if I remember correct the distance between me and the fort would be about 500 to 700 meters, certainly less than a Km!

Regards
Angshu
Old 01-14-2010, 08:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To eversmile: LP and the distance

Thanks Angshu, for you answer....and finally today, yes, I can see the Large Version. Probably it was a problem of browser. I was not on my computer yesterday. Who knows? Anyway, the view is killing. Makes me think a bit to Hampi, its majestic and peaceful scenery with boulders.I am sure I would like it (I enjoyed a lot a lonely walk in Hampi up to the hill where they honour Hanuman). Impressive situation here, also. I'll keep it in mind.
Regards
Have a nice day.
Marine