Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Matthew-Watt 2009-12-30 4:06

Dear Marlene,

A beautiful view of Brisbane's suburbia; a place Iíve spent almost my entire life. The things I like about Brisbane are the humidity, undulating topography and unique housing style. I believe you have captured all aspects of it in this image. There is nothing quite like sitting on a Brisbane balcony with a cool drink, watching a summer storm rolling over the hills. It's great to see local landmarks such at Mt. Coot-tha and the Watertower in this photo. Great saturation here, I like the way the thick backyard vegetation exudes a subtropical beauty of its own. Great work, all the best in 2010.

Matt

Old 01-01-2010, 10:49 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Matthew-Watt: Houses

Hello Matthew
Thanks for your positive critique. I have made several attempts over the last 6 months to capture the houses in the valley between Waterworks Road and La Trobe Terrace. However I kept on running into the same problem - power lines. From so many locations the houses on their long stilts look unique but there was always a few powerlines crossing across the scene - too many to photoshop out! And so when I captured this scene at 6am and between rain showers I felt satisfied. The houses are grander than many in this area but the big decks are everywhere and indicative of our sub-tropical climate. Cheers, Marlene