To Dyerco: Cretense

• Hi Phil-

Now that I look at photos from Cretense, I do recognize a few. Yes, he has some amazing compositions from that area. One comment, though: the colors of the rocks (for instance, "United Colours of Cappadocia") weren't that vivid from what I remember. I was in the area at almost the same time of year he was - by mid-October there can be some very heavy rains (which I encountered on the last few days of our trip!)You could easily spend a week in Cappadocia!

Nonetheless, you and your wife should think about a trip to Turkey. It is incredible to say the least!

Claudia
  • Re: To Dyerco: Cretense
    Hi Claudia
    Thanks for the reply. Yes Hercules does tend to oversaturate a bit. He is in publishing and I imagine the industry likes this type of photo especially if it is a travel magazine.
    Phil
    Okay, that makes sense. I'd think his photos of the area would inspire you to go there. :)

I signed up for that week-long photography workshop in Santa Fe in February - http://www.santafeworkshops.com . There's a chance it may not take place if they don't fill all 14 spots - I should know in about a month. Right now, enrollment's at 9.

Hopefully, I'll come out a better photographer!

Claudia
    Hi Claudia
    The WS sounds good. I wish I could go just for the opportunity to photograph in the Santa Fe area but alas I am still working and it si a busy time for me. I'm sure you will enjoy it and get a lot out of it.
    Cheers
    Phil