Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great stego 2009-02-09 15:56

Hi Sarah,

I have looked at this one a couple of times before but I didn't know what to write about it. Not that it is a bad photo, as it is very effective as documentary - it shows an interesting place you apparently know well, the wintry weather, etc. It is also technically well done and there is nothing wrong with the compo, but... it lacks "punch".

I find the WS more interesting visually. As this one, it is very accomplished technically, but it features a more attractive compo that explores the graphics of the construction half covered with snow.

I wonder why you post so little. I just hope that it is because of lack of time and not because you do little photography.

Regards, Josť.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 AM
TE Newbie

Default To stego: Thanks

Hi Jose,
Thanks so much for your comment. I was hoping I'd get at least one comment on the photo! I agree that it might lack a little punch although in my defense the image does look better I think when it's bigger. I don't know how to post panorama shots on TE and I don't think this smaller version does it complete justice. Anyway, I am interested that you like the WS one better. I was wondering that too and I think you might be right.
I post so little because of time but also because I am still not overly confident in my photos and I only choose a very select few that I think are good enough to share. Thanks so much for your feedback!
Sarah
Old 02-17-2009, 01:11 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To stego: Thanks

Hi Sarah,

I believe that a larger version would have another impact. I have noticed that usually my posts with panoramas receive less attention than the others, even in the occasions that the feedback of those who make a critique is very positive.

The point 12 of the <a href='/faq.php' target=_blank>FAQ</a> explains how to post a large version. Note that the large version can't surpass 400 Kb.

I think you are too hard on yourself and that you take your participation here "too seriously". Come on, this is an amateur site and I believe that the majority of us isn't just looking for master works. It's easier to point what we feel it's wrong and make suggestions of improvement when the photo is less achieved, so there are high chances that the feedback for the photos you consider "not worth" can help you evolving. I bet that posting more will also make you shooting more.

And you don't have to thank me for critiquing your photos. I do it with pleasure, even if you critiqued less my photos.

Regards, Josť.