Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Floydian 2009-01-14 11:31

Hi Craig,

You are less active than before and that shows by the numbers. But your work is still highly interesting and worth to take a look at. Here the crop and framing is wonderful, but also the pusple light glows over the whole image...wonderful.
Thanks again for the info about the Lee filters. I use them now and am more than satisfied about them, an expensive but very good investment.

Regards,

Henk

Old 01-15-2009, 09:17 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Floydian: Filter etc

Hi Henk,

Thanks for 'dropping by'. Indeed I have less time to invest in Trek Earth these days, but I do manage to visit occasionally. I'm glad you went for Lee Filters, the quailty speaks for itself in my view. I personnally only have one 2-stop ND but get a lot of use out of it. As mine is a hard egde, and because they are so large, I can use it as a full ND filter as well.

Interestingly, in terms of 'virtual' filters, I have starting using Nik Software's Color Efex Pro - their range of filters have increased my workflow rate dramatically, producing results that would previousiy take me a long time such as graduating skies, creative changes to colour casts and selective vignetting.

I still prefer the pure nature of using real filters, but sometimes software is great for getting out of a hole!

Cheers for just now, hope this finds you well

Craig
Old 01-15-2009, 10:14 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Floydian: Filter etc

Hi Craig,

For years i made my own gradients inside PS which worked very well on small format. When Nik came with his filters they were already much and much better, but there is nothing better than a real filter and i'm glad the Lee produces it the way i want, much more natural without heavy pp. You were right, they are perfect for landscapes and because of the large size excellent as full ND filter.
The Nik are still there for some extra effect, but i use them less now i have the Lee's.

Regards,

Henk