Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great avene 2008-12-11 14:05

hello Donato,
I agree that this is a "decisive moment", I'm sure the sky did to stay this way for too long, good timing to capture the golden light and patterns of clouds and shadows. I quite like the strong layers in this scene - the grass in the foreground, the pond, then the dark silhouette of the city, then the gorgeous sky. the only comment I have - it is not immediately clear from the photo that the pond is something more than a "regular" body of water, I wonder if there was any way to show the salt itself or the effect it has on the vegetation around the pond. just curious :) and the photo is very nice as it is.

regards,
Kristine

Old 12-12-2008, 07:32 AM
TE Expert

Default To avene: Salt ponds

Dear Kristine,

you are right in saying that: "it is not immediately clear from the photo that the pond is something more than a "regular" body of water,", but let me explain how things went... Some time ago I shot a series of pictures depicting the salt evaporating ponds of my city, I wrote some notes about their history, and I created a Theme with that title. In those photos, I think, it's pretty clear that the ponds are artificial ones created for the purpose of extracting the salt. Now I added this picture to the same theme taking for granted that the friends who had followed me up to now would have recognised the same salt ponds.
Thank you for the visit and your kind comment,
Donato
Old 12-12-2008, 03:04 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To avene: Salt ponds

dear Donato,
thank you for the explanation. I looked at the Theme, and you are right, in the context of other photos the story is much more clear. thanks again :)

regards,
Kristine