Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great joolsb 2008-07-03 4:05

The light is fantastic - just a hint of alpenglow - and the foreground detail works nicely. That said, there's something about the composition that bugs me. Although you've placed the mountain itself on the upper third, its reflection begins on the centreline, thus dividing the shot into a dark lower half, where there is comparatively little of interest and a bright upper half with lots going on. It seems a little unbalanced - yet if you crop away some of the foreground you are left with a picture that is just too symmetrical...

The other problem, as I see it, is you appear to have lightened the reflection to the point where it is as bright as the mountain itself. This is unnatural. Darkening the reflection would take the edge off the symmetry and would help restore some balance to the comp.

However, these are minor criticisms. It's a very eye-catching image!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default To joolsb: A constructive comment !

Hi Julian

Thank you for your very constructive comment, it is very interesting to read that.
I know the composition can looks unbalanced, maybe it would be better with an horizontal with a symetry in the composition...

About the reflection, I didn't lightened the reflection, it was like this in the reality and I have also darkening it in post-treatment but what you say is very interesting, I will try to not forget it !

Regards
Etienne