Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good ben4321 2007-04-09 4:52

I like the arrangement of figures here, and how they and their shadows stand out from the blankness of the over-exposed background.
I think it might have worked better if you had turned the VR on, as despite the bright sunshine it looks like this shot is suffering from camera shake a little bit. Either that, or maybe the camera focused on the ground rather than on the people. If you were using the central focus area then could have been the case.
Finally, f36... what were you thinking? Anything smaller than f11 is going to have a negative effect on image quality, so far better to shoot at f8 and use a faster shutter speed. That would also have eliminated the possibility of camera shake.

Cheers,
Ben

Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
TE Expert

Default To ben4321: Hi!

Hi Ben
Thanks for your critics. However, i think you missed the whole idea behind this shot! the Idea was to get as much exposure as possible and to get some blur, what you call shake... Sorry to disagree with you on this one;-)

No offense. Cheers

Eric
Old 04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To ben4321: Hi!

I can see the point of the over-exposure, indeed I said that I liked it in my critique. The blur just detracts from the shot though, in my opinion.
No offense taken!

Cheers,
Ben
Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To ben4321: Hi!

But at least you opened my eyes on one thing: there is a button ON/OFF for the VR feature! LOL i will remember that indeed;-) thanks!
Eric