Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good KevRyan 2007-01-21 11:53

I love the meanings here - the sense of the image and yours and Milan's words Sasa yet i still have some reservations about the image - i've been back a few times now and visually the image still is not working as well as it might for me.....i find the effects of sharpening either by camera or pp on the tree a little too muchand the sun's burn on the water a little too black and white graphic against the tonal
values of the rest of the image but the thing that works less is the figure of the woman - i think it's the level of what is lost against the background in this high contrast image - the man has his head in lighter clouds and more variety in the shape of his movement and this produces a better balance - I think it would be stronger in one sense with a single figure although of course two makes this a different story........

I admire where this one is going greatly and the 'something' in this which is you but there is room for a better image here....i know because I have learnt that from other images you have made.

best wishes Kev

Old 01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
TE Expert

Default To KevRyan: Thanks Kev,

as always, for your sensitive analyis. It wasn't an easy shot to take but I can see what you express well and when time allows, I will revisit the original and check the tonal values there as well (cannot recall just now if I have dramatically increased the contrast here or if it was a given in that winter afternoon). As to the two figures instead of one, not much could be done except waiting for the girl to exit the frame, but then the young man's head would have been in the dark cloud! :-)
Thanks so much for your detailed attention, dear friend!
sasa