Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ben4321 2006-12-31 11:27

A good composition here Silke, with effective use of the strong lines of the building.
I quite like the desaturated colours and the dull light; it seems to suit the building for some reason.
I do wish that you had included all of the archway on the left though; cutting it in half hasn't really worked. Saying that, it was important to include the tower on the right, so if it was a choice of one or the other, I think you made the right one.
Have a great New Year.

Cheers,
Ben

Old 01-01-2007, 05:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To ben4321: thanks

Hi Ben
Thank you for your insight here -- I do believe that you are right about the archway -- Do you think that in a case like this it would be better to sacrifice the 600 x 800 format in order to lose the distracting element?
I value your input
Cheers
silke
Old 01-04-2007, 10:46 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To ben4321: thanks

I'm not sure I understand your question Silke, but if you mean having a more elongated, panoramic frame to enable you to include both arch and tower, then I do think it would be worth it. The format would still be 800 pixels long.
Sorry for the late reply.

Cheers,
Ben