Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great dragonslayero 2006-12-25 13:28

Davs Jan

This is an extremely action filled photo, I checked the other photos you have links to but I feel they look a little too stale. This one has just the right amount of visible action to make things really interesting.
Full focus and sharp details on the thrower, I'm guessing he is Kirikomi (student), and just the right amount of motion blur in the guy being thrown.
Light conditions in a place like this is usually horrible, I simply don't know why but I have teh same problem in my Kobudo dojo.
DOV is very good as the grainy background only serves to enhance the attention brought to the figthers.
Tak for at du deler og hav en glædelig jul.

Odd Jarle

Old 12-27-2006, 12:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To dragonslayero: Godt Nytår

Hi Odd Jarle.

Thanks for your serious and inspiring comments. I do agree with you about most written. The Uchi Mata is the only picture, which shows the real power of judo - as you might know - an olympic discipline. It gives your body SO MUCH, that people, who are not into martial art of any kind will never know.
I see you are doing Kobudo. I guess you know what I mean.
I certainly do have many interests such as photography (!!!),music (played rockguitar with my band for years), but judo is where I clean my mind! When you get older here, you loose a little strength here, but you can still learn, and you are getting clever...!

Godt Nytår i norge. Håber I har sne - vi har desværre intet.

Jan