Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rigoletto 2006-12-04 19:39

Hi Ondrej,
How nice of you to send a photo of tolerence! We need it those days more than any and you tried a good effort (by climbing lol!) to share what you could share with us here in TE. My city (Istanbul) is also an ancient metropolis full of such scenes: crosses and crescents in a single vicinity, and here in Turkey we also fight our lives for more tolerences; only for enough tolerences just like in the old days. I like your open-mindedness. Thank you for sharing this technically nice geometric compo and for your nice note.

PS: Next time climb up to somewhere with a better view in order to get a more proper POV, seeing the cross would add much to your photo :))
(hope you don't mind my pecking words)

Best regards,
Deniz

Old 12-05-2006, 09:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To rigoletto: istanbul

Hi Deniz!

I love istanbul. Have been there 4 times but unfortunately before I started with photography a year and half ago so I don't really have any nice photos. You are lucky to live there.

As I mentioned when I replied to Becky's comment on this photo, it looks like the architect didn't expect anyone to build a mosque next to it nor thought about necessities of a photographer. There is a better point to shoot the photo - directly from the motorway so I may ask someone to give me a lift and try to shoot it from a car :-)

Ondrej