Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Endy 2004-09-02 0:56

A nice snow picture Sohrab! The sky is very bright and well presented but it seems to affect the remains of your picture which seems too bluish.

I did not know that there is a winter period in India, that's suprised me.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:25 AM
TE Expert

Default To Endy: winters in india

hi francis
actually in india we have 5 seasons and they are all extreme, especially in northern india. southern india has a more moderate climate. the himalayas are mostly in india so it's bound to get very cold. there are lot of places in the mountains where the teperature can go down to -30 or -40 degress celcius very easily. even in places like delhi the temperatures can go down to 4-5 degrees in the winters. if you come here you'll find it colder than canada on the whole because there is not internal heating system here in india as such , plus the cold bites into you
take care .
Old 09-02-2004, 07:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Endy: winters in india

Thanks you for the information, very useful.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:13 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Endy: winters in india

not a problem
you should come to india , you will like it. however do a lot of research on the places you want to go before you come. apparantly the "lonely planet" for india is supposed to be excellent. thats what most people who i met on my trip to south east asia told me. india is a place that you can enjoy when you're used to it . someone like claude (claudreno) really loves the country. however it can be a little scary for a first time (can be, but it's not necessary that it'll be)
but you shouldnt let it discourage you.
if you ever plan on coming this side, feel free to ask me for information . i'll be glad to help out
take care