Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good jwmunro 2006-12-01 11:12

Hello Leslie -

This has the beginnings of a good image but there are a few things that need to be addressed. Small town America is a very good subject, especially for B&W, since the B&W format can convey the emotion of the small and sometimes decaying settlement. The composition is OK, IMO, but what is lacking here is sharpness and contrast. I notice that this was captured at midday, I would have tried capturing this image either early in the morning or very late in the afternoon - this owuld have lengthened shadows and provided some definition in the sky. If you need to capture in midday I would look for the mini-landscapes or details, shoot in the open shade with a tripod. I am not sure whether this is film or digital, oops - 2001 = film, but there is a lot of noise in the image from the film and the scanning. Unless the composition required the grain (noise) I would use some form of noise reduction during post processing (Neat Image, Noise Nija, etc).

Keep shooting and posting. Thanks for sharing

Old 12-02-2006, 05:12 AM
TE Newbie

Default To jwmunro: Thank you !

jwmunro

yes I have this program Photo explosion and it may not be so great. I took this as driving thru town the orginal I will have to post it is in color and lots of stuff I cloned out. I to thank you for your advice will try it some time. I dont see going there any time soon agine too far a way.
Thanks agine
Leslie