Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Thiard 2006-11-24 14:05

Hoi Sander,

Very nice picture, good colours and sharpnes. Also I like the note you made about the subject. I agree with Graal about the perspective though I wonder how to do this.. Maybe he can post a workshop on your picture with an explanation, I would like to be able to do this too.

Thanks for sharing!

Tjeerd

Old 12-01-2006, 09:13 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Thiard: Perspective correction

I posted this photo more than a year ago, since that time I learned a lot.

If you have Photoshop 6, 7, CS or CS2 (I do not have Elements or Essentials, so don't know about those) on a Windows machine:

Open the image.
Push Ctrl+' to overlay a grid
Push Ctrl+A to select all
Push Ctrl+T to open the Free Transform tool
I suggest checking the help files about free transform, because there is more that you can do with it than I understand at the moment, especially with the middle point you will see.
Now go to a corner and hover with the pointer above it. Photoshop will react with showing arrows. That is not what you want, so
Push Ctrl and keep it pushed down, the arrows will change into a gray (you do not want the black one) triangle. Push the pointer down (with the mouse or a wacom pen) and all the time keep Ctrl pushed down until you are finished with that corner. When you have the gray triangle and pull it into any direction it will start to distort the image. That distortion control can be used to change the perspective/straighten the buildings. When you let go of Ctrl that corner is finalized (but you can change it again.
When you have done all corners you go to the toolbar and confirm your changes after which you return to the normal Photoshop Editing screen.

I have added a workshop of my own to this photo to show a quick edit with this technique (took me 30 seconds). Overlay the two photos in your photo editor to see the differences. Maybe even practice with it to get a feel for it.