Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great SophieL 2004-08-31 8:15

This is certainly not the kind of landscape I imagine when I think about India from my corner of the world... Thanks for broadening our horizon.
You can really tell the texture of freshly fallen snow, and feel the crispy cold air... And also imagine the slow progress of the walk. Very fresh picture.
There is something weird about the colors though, especially the blue in the sky which looks almost fluorescent! The light is very strong but I like it, it's part of the atmosphere of a sunny day in the snow.

Old 08-31-2004, 03:23 PM
TE Expert

Default To SophieL: too much colour maybe

yeah i know what you mean, about the weird colours. actually there was record snowfall in this area in the beginning of this year it had stopped snowing only for a couple of hours. the skies had cleared out and the sun was really strong. it was about 3 in the afternoon and the sun was directly in out eyes and because of all the brightness due to the snow all around us it was tough to keep eyes open. i dont like to wear shades so i had prettttty tough time. the first photograph what i uploaded was a little too dull for this place. this however , in retrospect, i feel has a little more colour, so you're right in that case it seems weird. however there wont be too much of a difference.
i was in a hurry today , so i quickly used the curves on the original without really checking properly to see if it was ok. when i saw the original even i felt that the colour was just a notch more. but now i cant reload this photograph again , so thats why i left it as it is.
take care and i look forward to your more colourful array of photographs