Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great designsoul 2006-11-01 9:47

Lovely shot, Mingfang! No, you are definitely not talking to yourself! The note is so very poetic, very lovely, and goes so nicely with this mysterious shot where indeed, not much can be seen, but what can, is important and beautiful: the old stones of the street, the moon of course, and that ghostly dark figure passing... or perhaps there's no one there? I don't know... but it is like that when I also walk at night... sometimes don't know if one is a tree or a human!
Very evocative, beautiful. Happy you are back, Mingfang!
sasa

Old 11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To designsoul: Thank you, Sasa!

Hi Sasa,

Thanks for the comment and your appreciation on it. Yes, the ghostly dark figure is a guy, who is a driver of a tricycle, but live in a alleyway. whenever the cope of night falling down, he begin his supper. it is very dark on the left of the shot, but you may still see that he was bending to make his dinner on the fire. he is at his mid age, coming from outside Beijing, living by himself, working very hard every day, but live like no hope, but still to live...it is a nice story, but i didnt say so much about it here, i was just touched by the mood at that time.

So nice you got the same feeling at night. it is horible to go out for a female at night, especially for photographing, but that's my choice, and you are my example.

Cheers,
Mingfang.