Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >


Thread Tools

Great pablominto 2006-10-28 3:31

Hi Silke,
This is an interesting addition to your presentation of.... what do you call them?
Giving me an opportunity to see them in their own environment!
Exciting lines in the composition, excellent textures in the architecture!
Pablo -

:-) Coming up! OK-

Old 10-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Silke's Avatar
Silke Silke is offline
TE Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 342
Default To pablominto: gargoyles

Hi Pablo
I'm really glad you've enjoyed my gargoyle collection. In architecture, gargoyles (from the French gargouille, originally the throat or gullet, and similar words derived from root gar, to swallow, the word representing the gurgling sound of water) are the carved terminations to spouts which convey water away from the sides of buildings.
The term is also loosely applied to include chimeras, which are grotesques that lack the waterspout and the original function of gargoyles.
hmmm -- maybe the really scary gargoyles I have waiting to post on October 31 should include this complete definition?
Thanks for visiting.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.