Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great zips 2006-10-23 6:16

Good piece of photojournalism. Seems that with the strong backlight flash may have been the only way to go. Would like to see this one without flash to compare though.

You might try converting it to black and white to see what you think...I did it (no workshop)...and I like it better in B/W.

Great Job.
Aloha, JB

Old 10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To zips: B & W conversion

Thanks John,
I have allowed for workshops with this image if you wanted to try it. I have tried it and admit it does look good in B&W especially as you loose the horrible yellow highlights at the top. It was just that this was from a series of shots and they work better in colour as you may see when I upload some of the other images later. As for the use of flash I would have been gutted if I got the film back and the exposures were all over the place. It's a lot easier now as you can look at the back of your digital camera for instant feedback.
Personally I like photojournalism as my favourite form of photography, mainly because of its confrontational way you go about shooting it. It makes the viewer feel how I felt when it was taken. Well thats the idea!
Thanks again.
Mark