Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cam 2006-10-19 19:01

Congratulations for your wedding and a good choice for a destination to celebrate this occasion.
The vertical composition creates a good sense of depth,helped by the f/22 aperture.Good composition with a foreground full of interest.
The cloud cover extend the courtesy of the colors and adds texture to the water.
I am wondering if you use a warm filter for this picture.
Have a good evening.
Hope to see more from the Rockies.
Charles

Old 10-20-2006, 01:45 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cam: Hi

Hi Charles,

Thanks very much for your congratulations on my wedding and kind words on my shot.

To answer your question, no I didnt use a warm up here. With digital, I dont use warm up filters anymore. If I wanted to warm up a shot I just adjust the white balance a bit afterwards in my RAW software. But as it is this shot didnt have either. The sunset was remarkable - the sky was on fire and these boats were perfect to reflect some colour, helped by the main boat being red in colour.

Thanks again,
Adam.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:16 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To cam: Hi

Thanks for the answer Adam.
Very helpful,as I started using the warm filter lately and was somewhat not satisfied with the result,kind of overdone the result was.
Your answer confirms me that I really do not need it.
Thanks for the help
Charles