Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great banyanman 2006-06-10 12:34

Hi Ken. Maybe you could have also titled this 'Strange but True'. This image has quite a surreal feel to it, and the inclusion of the motion-blurred jeep adds another dimension (like this is not a place that anyone is going to stop). As others have said, an image that tells a story. Cheers . . . David

Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To banyanman: Surreal feel

Thanks for the comment, David--I'm glad to know it had a surreal feel for you, because that's exactly what I was after. Sasa called it "eerie desolation", and for me it is the true atmosphere of Trona. The first time I was there I was just passing through on the way to Death Valley, and for some time I had wanted to come back to try to capture the atmosphere in photos. I finally went there. It was very hard to know whether the eerie surreal feel was actually in the photos, or only a personal thing in my mind, so it's helpful to hear such things from you, Sasa and others. Regards, Ken.