Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Furachan 2006-04-09 8:48

That is a remarkable, cinematic shot IMHO, Kajal, you know? That proud businessman waltzing in all full of himself, the "blood-spattered-looking" walls on the right, the Sari mannequins in the back. It's a very rich scene, shot low, with lots of atmosphere.
Certainly it speaks to me somehow...
Cheers,
Francis

Old 04-09-2006, 04:59 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Furachan: ...

Thanks Francis,

To be honest, I think its a terrible shot! Badly taken and the post-processing is even worse...however, this for me is purely to vent my frustrations about seeing this horrible subtance! I've also had it spat on me in India, my sister has as well! I have tried this shot soooo many times...I went for this one because I wanted to show the dingy corner of this popular walkway and liked the suited man in contrast to that disgusting sight. One idiot questioned (in quite a derogatory manner) what I was photographing. I will be trying this again when I get a better camera.

Kaj
Old 04-10-2006, 02:34 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Furachan: ...

Kaj, let me say it again: you achieved a low POV filmic effect here that is way more dynamic than 100 other shots one sees. You sense there is a story here, and a sense of outrage, and that sold the photo for me. I voted for its originality and the gutsy feeling there. Haven't changed my mind at all.
SOmetimes peole prefer "pretty" shots but I would not give up on this. Just refine it, crop a little differently next time, "tilt" a bit to pour more of what you want in and leave out the rest (all is fair in the street...)
Old 04-11-2006, 07:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Furachan: ...

I hear you Francis...

Thank you.