Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KevRyan 2005-11-29 12:39

Another very nicely constructed image Aleks - You are really good at this - I'm not sure I like your presentation so much - the words take away from the image - they compete with it and I too find the black bands a little strong.

A fascinating and beautiful view of Slovenia.

best wishes Kev

Old 11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To KevRyan: Black bands, info, technical information

I wanted to include the full view of both Julian Alps on the left and Kamnik Alps on the right. It could only be achieved by creating a longer panorama which meant that when I resize the image to 800px width, height would be less that TE requires, hence the black band, to increase the width. I think most on TE have this problem in posting panoramas. The presentation (info+picture) was meant to show more information about the beautiful place I visited and it's surroundings in order people to come. I know that artistically the note is bad, but this photo and info are a context for the photos I sent and others to follow.

take care, Aleks
Old 11-30-2005, 03:25 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To KevRyan: Black bands, info, technical information

I see about the band now - silly me!

Your note is great and really informative - not it was the title on the black frame that I thought was so big that it took something away from the picture - it's just so visually demanding.

best wishes Kev
Old 11-30-2005, 03:29 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To KevRyan: Black bands, info, technical information

I agree about the title on the frame bottom, I think it should be smaller and longer, not in two rows as i did it or maybe the best is without the title?

Aleks