Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great danielswalsh 2005-06-06 20:48

Nice shot Paul;

This shot really reminds me of home. In reading the note- it really does sound like a nice existence... sounds like a job where you can really enjoy life. Maybe it's all the talk of the maple buring in the fireplace, which is obviously not a common practice in Singapore- hahaha.

Nice shot Paul,
~ Dan

Old 06-07-2005, 04:06 AM
TE Expert

Default To danielswalsh: Hi there

This man Metske has inherited a farm from his father. His kids do all the farm chores while he devotes his time to wood. He als has some of his nephews working for him and a few good friends. He does work hard mind you and he is always looking for ideas on how to expand the business. I watched him cut up the blocks that his native friend brought in. 7 blocks for 50 dollars each, 6 at 35 dollars right down to 5 dollars a piece. He graded everything so carefully. what he was looking for was whilt maple that had a guivering grain to it. Those blocks get top dollar.
We have heard through native treaties that all the natives want is to have their own land nad have it left in its natural beauty. But then I see this native tree faller rape through the Governments forest to cut down trees for money. Interesting life with these different cultures in our land.