Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement markoci 2006-06-17 11:50

a nice compo and quality, i'd really love this photo, but the fact that there's no foam/soap on the boys head makes it completely unbelievable and posed :-((( just too bad...

Old 06-18-2006, 02:03 PM
TE Expert

Default To markoci: "completely unbelievable"

The conclusion of your critiques sent me back to your introduction, and here what I found:

1- "there's no foam/soap on the boys head makes it completely unbelievable and posed :-((( just too bad..."
2- "no need for "political correctness" give it to me straight, i can take it, i'm here to learn and grow"

I am glad the photographer has made his posting "straight". This is social, not political. This is too bad, but not as bad as in another Vietnamese community, Chong Kneas, where there is absolutely no bathroom, no restroom for the ethnic minority population of Vietnamese. Living a floating life, villagers empty all non-reusable items into Tonle Sap Great Lake. There are a total of 187 Vietnamese households with a population of 1,477 living here in such condition. Dead fishes, old clothes, soap and detergent, rotten foods and fruits, human waste. The same polluted and contaminated water in turn will be used as bath water, cooking water and drinking water. Donít tell them about epidemic hygiene or sanitary. In their daily language, there arenít terms like satellite, orbit, democracy, latrine, toilet paper.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To markoci: "completely unbelievable"

i'm afraid i'm not sure i understand the point you're trying to make thanh.. i understand, sympathize with and am appauled by the conditions you've described however i don't make the connection with my critique.. i merely am mentioning the fact that there's no soap used and that the kid's head isn't even wet... just hard to beleive..

as for the pc-ness in my intro i meant that there's no need for pleasantries/politeness (backslapping if you like) in critiquing my photos..
Old 06-18-2006, 07:31 PM
TE Newbie

Default "i'm afraid i'm not sure i understand the point"

Me "2" ó i'm afraid i'm not sure i understand the point pointed out in the ctritiques:

First part, about the photograph itself, "a nice compo and quality, i'd really love this photo"

Second part, about the "savage" way of life in Vietnam, you raised the question about civilization that "the fact that there's no foam/soap on the boys head makes it completely unbelievable and posed :-((( just too bad...".

If your statement was "Regarding The Pain of Others", then you have offered a very good chance for misunderstanding or confusion. I am a Vietnamese who is not good in English grammar and syntax, may be my lack of education prompts my poverty of absorbing the "point" from you? If so, I am sorry for myself. In TrekEarth, there are many scholars but the majority is the popular members with low-mind like me.

Regards,

Ngoc-Son
Old 06-18-2006, 10:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: "i'm afraid i'm not sure i understand the point"

if you shave (imo) you use shaving foam/cream/gel/soap etc.. if you can't obtain it you still wet the skin... i see none of the above in the photo.. common sense tells me not to use a razor on dry skin... (anywhere in the world)

no other statement..

cheers,
mark