Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-11-22 1:50

Bonjour Christine,

This little girl looks charming, so sweet, so innocent, and near to a tree which is just the right size for her!

The little boy in the hood gives a curious impression. He appears to have a tear trickling from his eye. I wonder what caused that!

Have a good Sunday,
Bev :-)
Glad that you are well and still able to go to help your mother.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:06 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Hygiene in hotels

Thank you Gert,

I found the hotel rooms in Laos to be of a surprisingly good quality.
Even better than in Thailand where my hotels were almost always very old buildings.
(Because of COVID-19 I haven't been able to implement all plans in Thailand and have only rather limited experiences there.)

I admit that I usually read the comments on the booking site beforehand and did not just judge based on the lowest price.
Since online booking became popular and the option to freely communicate your comments afterwards, hotels / hostels can afford far fewer mistakes. The expansion of the tourism sector and greater choices for tourists also resulted in better quality.

Actually, this was my experience all along the trip.

The only times I had to ask for other and clean sheets was on another journey in Hŗ Giang, Vietnam (All other rooms in Vietnam were of good quality).
Before this has also happened a few times in India.

It should also be noted that the young people I met who were travelling for extended periods clearly saved on their overnight stays and may not always have the same experiences.
Not that I lived luxuriously. But by taking the time to read the comments on a booking site, you can quickly skip a number of hotels.

All the best!
Paul