Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great faubry 2008-03-18 1:33

je n avais jamais vu cette photo, pas mal ton choix du BW, un tres beau graphisme.. alors tu te fais trop rare????
bises
francine

Old 03-16-2008, 10:18 PM
TE Expert

Default To Polonaise: not easy !

Dear George,

You are asking here difficult, almost impossible things !
I don't know if I'll be able to *surprise* you as itís true that I'm posting my photos a bit indiscriminately in that ocean of posts from India as you say, - with some in the competition having unfair advantages (yes, the ones that you mentioned for instance : they have a huge knowledge of composition that I totally lack, so much more experience and other technical knowledge and equipment)...

Iíll do my best ! Some are a bit conventional I know, but not too many photos holy men or too many holy cows in store ; colourful sarees or dark, fuzzy eyes I cannot avoid ; I think that my repertoire is a bit different as I often got lost on purpose, now how to present this account ? I am in a crisis of doubts ! Thanks for the challenge anyway, your visits and advice and ideas and critiques are always welcome !

Best regards,
Cath.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:11 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: not easy !

Your incredible skills of interacting with the people are your great advantages, Cathy...
Being in the tight spots, knowing the names and relationships among your subjects, being a part of them - makes you a winner.
Being an observer and being a participant - it's a one helluva difference.

I'll be there, watching your posts...
I won't stay away... I promise.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: about the amount of photos from India

NB :
I suspect that you have some strange prejudice against photos from India : yes there are loads of them here, but look at the quantities of landscapes that are appearing on TE everyday ! probably closer to 75% than the photos from India - and I tell you : as I just wrote to someone else tonight, India is a universe in itself, no-one can pretend knowing its entirety, not even old Indians who would have studied it all their lives, there are so many ways of approaching it, of representing it, it'll never end, it's so vast - a subcontinent !

Personally I rarely feel bored by all the representations offered here, - but of course, one has to be interested by that country : India, the most interesting and varied place on earth, IMO ! Easy to lose oneself in it...

I love it absolutely, but sometimes hate it equally !

Sorry to sound sentimental... Just to defend the amount of photos from India on TE (and the ones that I posted too ! ... not extraordinary compared with others I conceed, yet contributing to inform I hope)...

Best regards,
Cath.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: about the amount of photos from India

eh bien Cathy ton anglais est vraiment bon... tu defends ardemment l Inde et les Indiens... c est vrai quil y a beaucoup de photos de ce pays, moins qu avant pourtant... ils sont presque tous partis, comme clodreno, entrelec, sorhab.etc.... mais chacun a son approche differente, avec sa personnalite et c est ce qui est interessant... continue.. amities
francine