Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-19-2006, 03:39 PM
TE Newbie

Default To davidsmeaton: Gotta Love NY

Just out of interest why when the shot was in need of the excellent changes you made did you still give the origiinal top amiley faces
Old 02-19-2006, 04:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To davidsmeaton: Gotta Love NY

well, i think the change wasn't essential. just an improvement ... the shot on its own is really good. as i said, the colour of the taxis contrasts well with the b&w of the billboard.

i like to be positive, by giving critiques and encouragement. your shot deserved two points because you've done a great job and you have spotted a very interesting photo.

no photographer is perfect, so no photograph is perfect ... i'm just hoping that my workshop was constructive, NOT suggesting that your photo was bad.

thanks for writing ... i'm glad you're taking an interest in how to improve your photography. that's what we're all here for!

stay in touch ... and keep shooting!!!

cheers

david
Old 02-19-2006, 11:07 PM
TE Newbie

Hi David

Thanks for the changes, I do agree with you all that the cropping has made the photo have much more of an impact. I think I didn't originally crop it as I felt the windows added some context, but guess I was wrong on that! I didn't even notice the sign on the left - I think I probably has so many pictures to edit I didn't give it the editing time I should have done, and because I was generally happy with it I didn't notice how it could be improved - I'm very grateful for the honest critiques on here already - and I'm only 3 photos in!

Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:34 AM
TE Junior Member

trek earth is about learning through photography ... we're all here to learn.

i've learned so much since joining this site too!

don't try to 'over' edit your pictures ... mostly, consider cropping for framing, a bit of contrast and saturation to bring out the natural colours ... and a frame. that's all you need ... also, TE doesn't like TOO much post processing.

your photos are great ... and i'm sure you'll get lots more great responses.

keep shooting

cheers

david