Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great theswedish 2008-07-27 5:47

That is incredible, that such a beautiful place has only five tourists. It says a lot on how the world treats Syria. It is a shame, because Syria is located at the cradle of civilization, has one of the worlds oldest religions and has much to offer in terms of cultural identity and history that the world can learn from.

I love the perspective of the photo and I so glad you took that tazi ride so that we could share.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:17 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To paololg: WS

Dear Paolo,
Thanks for sending a WS. Your version is technically brilliant. One can see more details and even colours in your version. Maybe it actually is more close to the view, which a human eye/brains catches. An eye has a wide dynamics, which no camera is capable for. But you have also changed the mood totally. I like my version more, because it has the mood of the shadowy lane as I "remember" it. The original was
much darker in the shadows. I opened the shadows only so much that they are barely readable. This is a matter of taste; some others probably like your version more. :-)
Have a nice Sunday you too.
ciao, Lasse
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To paololg: WS

Yes, dear friend, you are perfectly right. As I have already written, technically your photo doesn't have defects, for which my WS has not been made for correcting imperfections, but only to express one personal taste of mine. For me this is a great value of TE that it not only allows the comparison of the photographic techniques but also that of the feelings. You are a good photographer, because you have composed the image following the feelings that you have had when you have captured the scene. I think that only a good camera is not enough to make good photos, it also needs to photograph own feelings, using what it is had inside, the soul. Thanks for your explanations, because allowed me to understand well your beautiful photo.
Ciao
Paolo
Old 07-27-2008, 01:27 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To paololg: WS

Ciao ancora,
Thanks for your kind words. I think we are all trying to show the scenes as we saw them and the mood we felt. Sometimes is is easier, sometimes more difficult. I'm often wondering how much we are, myself and others, idealizing a photograph, making it look more appealing than what it is out of the camera. Knowing that a camera has it's own limitations, it is in most cases necessary to do at least some post processing. But where goes the undefined, indistinct and even mood dependent border between a natural looking and an overworked image. A good question without an answer. And here come the personal tastes on the stage! :-)

I fully agree with your thoughts of TE. I appreciate the people in TE like you willing to discuss and even open some solutions to question. Thanks again friend!
Ciao,
Lasse