Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2022-04-14 8:30

Hello Paul,
It was a good idea to transform this coastal area into a kind of sculpture park. That would make the dunes less boring after a while. The stranded whale is probably the most interesting of the three works shown. There seem to be lots of details to discover.
I haven't heard of any area in this country where Swedes go after retirement to wait for death. Those who can afford to move are more likely to buy a house or a flat somewhere in Spain, or to some extent also in Portugal or France. The Swedish climate is just as bad everywhere, so there's not much point in moving to our coastal areas.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 04-14-2022, 03:38 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Reasons to move ...?...

Thank you Gert,

Although the coast in our country is slightly less cold in the winter than inland and slightly less warm in the summer months, I don't think it's the climate that attracts retirees there.

I rather think that the coast has a reputation as a leisure destination and place to live quietly, although I think that tranquility is hard to find in the summer months.

For a long time it was also a part of the country with cheaper housing than in the interior, but that is no longer true.

There are also people who move to the south of the country, to areas with more nature, such as in the Ardennes.
Homes and building plots are actually still cheaper there.

Kind regards,
Paul