Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Duttan 2004-07-13 13:50

nice picture. what was your exposure time on this picture?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:18 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Burnham: law abiding...

... well it sounds a bit dull doesn't it. I'd better be a little nasty, biking without light for example ;-)
Oops - by the way some 4ssh0le stole my bike, now why aren't there more police in the streets :-(
Old 07-13-2004, 09:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Burnham: law abiding...

Go figure, my bike was nicked yesterday. I really hate that, I mean it was more than ten years old, but I used to rely on that old wreck everyday.
Guess you probably read what Ricahrd (Rgatward) said about my use of the word law abiding, but it's by no means borring to be so, probably when I think about it the number of people who havn't broken the law somehow, is, well nonexistent ;o)
And I've seen you break the laws of composition several times on purpose, and it works too.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Burnham: law abiding...

well the superficial laws of composition like rule-of-thirds, level horizon etc. are just there to be broken if it is sensible and necessary.
But the real stuff like balance, rhythm, concentration, tension of color, open, close, flat, deep, center, edge, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, smooth, rough etc. etc. should alway be considered. But of course these laws are complicated and not written down anywhere.